Old Stairs in a New Look!
Just because something is past its prime doesn‘t necessarily
mean that it‘s worthless. But sooner or later, fixtures such as stairs,
which are in regular daily use, inevitably start to look worn or dated.
The stair structure itself, however, is generally still in sound
condition and simply too good to throw away.
This is where a PORTAS staircase renovation provides the ideal solution, as we make a point of preserving the original substructure. The PORTAS Stair Resurfacing System involves reinforcing the existing structure of the stairs and fitting new treads and risers, available in either solid wood or maintenance free high pressure laminate.
Advantages of a PORTAS Staircase Renovation:
- The affordable, lasting solution.
- Adds value to your property.
- Fast turnaround time.
- Suitable for staircases of any type, made of any material: wood, concrete, natural or faux stone.
- No damage to balustrades, stringers, floor coverings or walls.
- No demolition or masonry works.
- No structural changes to existing staircase.
- Stairs remain accessible during renovation.
- Stair safety: sturdy treads reduce the risk of accidents to an absolute minimum.
- Four stair models catering for all demands.
- Huge range of high-pressure laminate colours and real wood species.
- Easy care sealed surfaces.
- Exclusive new appearance.
- Stringer cladding, balustrades and flooring also available on request.
- Innovative LED lighting options.
Available Nationwide! 021-4966612
- Landing flooring available to match every step finish.
- Integrated led lighting installed either in staircase stringer or step risers.
- Staircase Glazing.
- Accessories: newel posts, handrail, baserail & spindles available in wide range of styles & finishes.
- Under stair Storage.
- Maintenance free veneer finish on staircase stringer panel – no more painting those awkward areas.
RENOVATION RATHER THAN REPLACE
Replacing a staircase can be a complicated and expensive job. When getting a price to have your stairs replaced you also need to factor in the extra costs i.e repairs to plasterwork, painting, cleaning (there will be dust!) and in some cases you may need to consider the cost of skip hire. Once your new staircase is installed you need to consider whether to have the staircase varnished or covered with a carpet, another cost to be factored in.
NO HIDDEN COSTS
With a PORTAS staircase renovation there are no hidden costs. We can install your new treads and risers without causing any damage to the surrounding paint/plaster work. Our Prestige high pressure laminate wood effect finishes are maintenance free and extremely long lasting.
PERSONAL IN HOME CONSULTATION
Our all inclusive service starts with a Free in home consultation arranged at your convenience. This is the best place to assess the condition of your staircase and discuss the options available. We make a point of finding out what changes you visualise. Material samples are brought along to this meeting to allow you the time to go through each option available viewing which options work best with the lighting and existing decor in your home.
A few of the reasons our customers decided on a PORTAS Staircase Renovation:
- Didn’t want to face the hassle and disruption of taking the existing staircase out – too much dust created.
- The existing staircase has a carpet which causes health problems for a member of the household who is suffering from asthma.
- Finding it difficult to maintain existing carpet due to pets or high volumes of traffic – PORTAS HPL finishes are extremely hard wearing.
- No more painting / sanding or varnishing once you install the maintenance free high pressure laminate treads and risers.
- The stairs is the last part of the house to be given a bit of TLC, the solution needs to be possible without disrupting the work which has been carried out in the rest of the house.
- The finish looks amazing! 😉
We’re here to help!
As with all of our products our all inclusive service starts with a free in home consultation arranged at your convenience.
- Click Here to Arrange a Free Consultation